- Bible: our only source of authority for all teaching and practice.
- One God = Three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit
- Jesus Christ: virgin bom, both God (100%) and Man (100%), alive today!
- Holy Spirit: indwells, comforts, seals, teaches each believer at the moment of salvation.
- People's broken relationship with God is because of sin: both Adam's fall and personal.
- Salvation: faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross is all that is required!
- Benefit and responsibility of Saved-finished: eternal security vs. no abuse of grace.
- People after salvation are made new creatures with new desires and live a spirit led life.
- Sanctification: process God uses to make us holy, set-apart, more like Jesus everyday.
- Go make disciples! The command to all believers clear: teach people to follow Jesus.
- God's gifts to the church: Pastor-teacher and Evangelists; some gifts have ceased.
- Local churches are independently answering to Jesus Christ as their true Head.
- Baptism by immersion in water and remembering the Lord's broken body and blood are the only two symbolic commands for the local church.
- Three separate groups of people are found in the Bible: Israel, Saved, and Lost.
- Satan is real but God has already revealed our adversaries defeat!
- Christ is coming soon (see #6 to make sure you are ready)!
- After death: judgment followed by heaven for the Saved and hell for the Lost.
- A boundary exists between church and state: our goal is to influence the Lost world.
- What is unique or special about Baptists as opposed to other Bible believers?
B - bom again and immersed people may join the local church to serve.
A - authority of God's word for all faith and practice (not experience or tradition).
P - priesthood of each believer means open access through our High priest, Jesus.
T - two ordinances controlled by local church (water Baptism and Lord's supper).
I - independence of each local church from other churches and from the state.
S - saved by grace, through faith alone, not by works.
T - two offices in the local church: Pastor-teacher and deacons.